Thursday, March 5, 2009

The heart of a child

I just wanted to brag on the 2 geges (big brothers) for a minute. Samuel left for the hospital on Monday, by that night the boys were putting in a request for, "the next baby." They announced that they would both like to have a sister "next time." When I was pregnant with Aaron, Ian always wanted him to be a girl, but Eric wanted a boy. Ian never once complained once Aaron was born, I think he is just patiently waiting. I tried to explain to them that when Aaron was born mommy had the doctor make it so she cannot have any more babies. Deterred not in the least bit, Ian asked, "well, aren't there any girl BB babies?" I told him there were lots and showed him the picture of the Healing Home party. "Well, why can't we have one of those?...OOOH that one's cute!" I told them they all have families. "OHHHHH!" Eric exclaimed, thinking he had it all figured out, "so, all the babies in China now have a mom and a dad?"

"Well, no." I said as I realized where this was heading.
They just both stared at me for what seemed like a long time.
"Well, why can't we get some then?" Ian asked
"Some? How many kids should we have at our house?" (why do I even set myself up like this?!)
After careful thought Ian said, "maybe 100."
"YEAH! or a thousand!" Eric chimed in.
"And where would 100 children fit in our house?" (You would think after the allowance fiasco that I wouldn't try to use logic or reason with Ian)
"well, do you remember when we went to camp?" (we helped at an English camp in Korea that brought American, S. Korea, and N. Korean kids together) "we could have lots of bunk beds in the rooms like that."
"Do you know how many 100 is?"
"50 + 50"
"we'll see"
"we can pray about it"
"I said we'll see!"
Now, how am I supposed to argue with such big hearted boys?! Especially when they gang up and get God on their side?!


This is Ian and Amanda at the Middle School Play

No comments:

Post a Comment